Erich N. Nichols
Gulfport, Mississippi 39502
New York University School Of Law, New York, NY
LL.M. in Taxation (May 2008)
Mississippi College School Of Law, Jackson, MS
J.D., Cum Laude (May 2007)
Honors: MCSOL Academic Scholarship
Honors: MLi Press/Lenore Prather Scholarship
Honors: Mission First Pro Bono Award
Honors: Dean’s List Scholar
Activities: Mission First Legal Aid Tax Preparation Clinic
Activities: Founding Member, International Law Society
University Of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS
B.S. in Construction Engineering (May 2003)
Honors: Sigma Lambda Chi, National Engineering Honors Society
Williams & Nichols, PA – Shareholder (2012 – Present)
Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre L.L.P. – Attorney (2011 – 2012)
Tax & Estates Practice Group
- Focusing on federal, state, and local taxation; corporations law, trusts and estates, mergers and acquisitions, and estate planning.
Watkins, Ludlam, Winter & Stennis – Attorney (2008 – 2011)
- Assisted individual clients and families with disposition planning while minimizing wealth-transfer and income taxes.
- Worked closely with clients to accomplish tax and business-efficient succession of closely-held businesses.
- Clients include individuals and closely-held companies engaging in multi-generational wealth and asset transferring.
Transactional and Corporate:
- Represented clients in a broad range of general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, federal, state and local taxation, estate planning, and exempt organizations, including structuring transactions in a manner that accomplishes the primary business goal in the most tax-efficient manner.
- Assisted clients with complicated commercial real estate transactions, including joint ventures, real estate limited partnerships, financing, and 1031 tax-free exchanges. Represented developers and investors in a wide variety of real estate development projects and real estate syndications.
- Formed and assisted with operation and structure of several 501(c)(3) public charities, private foundations and supporting organizations to public charities.
- The Honorable Daniel P. Jordan, III, U. S. District Court, S.D. Miss., Jackson, Mississippi, Judicial Externship (Spring 2007)
- Wilkins, Stephens and Tipton, Jackson, Mississippi (Summer 2006)
- Baria, Hawkins & Stracener, P.A.
- Practice and Procedure, Life After the MTSC”, Taxation Section and Estates & Trusts Section Joint CLE Seminar May 9, 2012
- The Legalities of a Business May 3, 2012
- Mississippi’s Sales and Use Tax August 10, 2011
- The Tax Advantages of an LLCs October 12, 2010
- LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses July 15, 2010
- LLCs, LLPs and Partnerships: Organization and Operation in Mississippi November 18, 2008
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Bar Associations
- Tax Law Section
The Mississippi Bar
- Tax Section
- Executive Committee (2008 – Present)
- Business Law Section
- Trust and Estates Section
Other Organizations & Affiliations
Gulf Coast Heritage Trails Partnership
- Officer (2009 – 2012)
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
Walter Anderson Museum of Art
- Board of Trustees (2012 – Present)
Mississippi Army National Guard (1997 – 2003)
Honors: Medal of Recognition for aid during Hurricane George